How to take measurements of your new blinds?
A-Roller Blinds data entry
When purchasing, when entering values for width and height, remember that the values of the fabric are. That is, the width of the fabric you insert is about 5 cm lower than the total width of the complete blind. In other words, the roller blind is about 5 cm wider than the fabric.
- Quantity: enter the number of roller blinds you wish to purchase with the same specifications. In this field you can enter the number of roller blinds that you want to buy with the same characteristics.
- Roller position: ceiling, wall, window. Our roller blinds can be mounted, attached / fixed to the wall, to the ceiling or directly to the window, the choice is yours.
- Command or Chain: whether to the right or left. The position of the chain should always be seen by looking at the curtain from inside the room. Generally the chain goes on the opposite side from the handle.
- Fabric Front or Back: for the roller blinds with ceiling and wall attachment we recommend the fabric in front. For curtains with a window attachment, we recommend the fabric behind it so that it adheres better to the glass and does not prevent the operation of the handle.
Generally we recommend the front fabric option for roller blinds mounted on the ceiling or wall. As a standard when ordering roller blinds on the wall or ceiling the fabric / drape goes down in front of the tube so as to cover it.
Back Fabric: the back fabric option is optimal for roller blinds mounted on a window frame, where the fabric remains closer to the glass and does not prevent the handle from being opened. In this case, when taking measurements, pay attention to the handle. As far as the layout of the chain is concerned, always look at the curtain from inside the room.
- Fabric width: enter the width of the fabric. As described above, the width of the fabric is about 5 cm smaller than the width of the curtain, complete with lateral mechanisms and attachments. pay attention to details when taking measurements. When purchasing, when you enter values for width and height, note that the values of the fabric are. That is, the width of the fabric used is about 5 cm lower than the total width of the curtain mounted on the roll. Also note the minimum and maximum values.
- Fabric Height: enter the total height of your roller blind. The last data to insert is the height of your blind. The height refers to the entire vertical length of the supplied hose curtain. Also note the minimum and maximum values.
Roller Blinds Mounting - Fitting Position
Roller blind position Now specifically we will see how to properly make the measurements in the three cases of attack.
A-Wall mounting/ fitting Roller Blinds
Width: measure the total width of your window or door window add about 30 cm, 15 cm per side so that the curtain covers the whole window well. Example: if the total window / niche width is 100 cm, your width to be ordered will be 130 cm.
Height: measure the total length of your window or door window and add about 30 cm. 15 cm for the upper part and 15 cm for the lower part, so as to exceed the sill.
If you want the fabric to the ground, add the distance from the window to the floor at 15 cm for the upper part.
This type of attachment / fixing is recommended when you want to have a square effect on the window, or when the distance between the window and the ceiling is more than 100 cm, or you simply like it.
B-Ceiling mounting/ fitting Roller Blinds
- Width: Measure the total width of your window or door window add about 30 cm, 15 cm per side, so that the curtain covers the entire window well. Example: If the total window / recess width is 100 cm, the width to be ordered is 130 cm.
- Height: measure the total length from the ceiling to the bottom of the window and add about 15 cm to pass the threshold.
- If you want to have the fabric on the floor, measure from the ceiling to the floor.
- This type of mounting / mounting is recommended if you want to completely cover the top of the window. B. to cover a shutter box, or if the distance between the window and the ceiling is less than 30 cm. Or simply because this is the look you want in your rooms.
C-Windows mounting/ fitting Roller Blinds
- Width: measure the width of the glass and add 4 cm, 2 cm per side so that the curtain covers all the glass and part of the frame well. Example: If the width of the glass is 50 cm, the width of the glass is 54 cm.
- Height: measure the total length of the sash and add about 3/5 cm to cover the entire frame or as needed to get where you want.
- This type of attachment is recommended if you only want to cover windows and window glass. Very useful in environments where windows or patio doors are often opened as kitchens or bathrooms.